Damp Proofing Pros provide high-quality and affordable damp proofing services in Fleetwood, Lancashire. Regardless of the type of damp you think your home has, we can help.
Damp Proofing Specialists in Fleetwood
We carry out all the necessary work with customer satisfaction as our top priority. From the moment you contact us, we strive to meet all our customers’ needs and deliver exceptional quality damp proofing.
We have multiple years of experience working in the industry covering various damp proofing services. Our guarantees also cover all our timber and damp treatments for several years, including structural waterproofing. We are CSRT qualified surveyors.
Our professional and hard-working team will ensure that your home stays clean and tidy after any work is done and reduce disruption to a minimum.
If you need a rapid local response in Fleetwood, request a quote today.
Types of Damp
It’s well worth the effort educating yourself on how to spot damp so that you have some idea of what could be wrong with your home. You’ll then hopefully be able to spot if a contractor is charging you for things they shouldn’t.
- Condensation damp is simply moisture that is caused by everyday living. Moisture is absorbed into the home when it is warm. When it cools, it condenses on cool surfaces. It can be identified via damaged plaster, black mould and moisture on windows. It is more prevalent during the autumn and winter months.
- Penetrating damp is caused by rain penetrating into the house through an external wall. This is usually through to cracks in the masonry or broken roof tiles. It can be identified by damp patches on the floor, walls and ceilings.
- Rising damp is caused by water from the ground rising through the walls. It can usually be identified with a ‘tide mark’ along the wall. Common signs also include wet skirting boards and floorboards, crumbling plaster and peeling wallpaper towards the bottom of the wall.
Damp Survey in Fleetwood
Damp surveys are a great way of understanding your property.
If you’re looking to buy a property, mortgage lenders will often tell you that they need a damp survey, particularly for older buildings. Since the financial crisis of 2008, mortgage lenders are far more risk-adverse and damp surveys have almost become an associated cost of buying a home.
If you plan on selling your home, you’ll need a full survey report conducted by an independent, qualified surveyor.
The damp survey report may be ignored by mortgage lenders if the report is performed by a contractor who lacks the necessary certification.
However, if you have no intention of selling your home soon, many contractors can offer free damp surveys. If they do charge, they will then usually remove the survey fee if the work is carried out.
We provide honest damp surveys and solutions for property owners in Fleetwood, Lancashire. Get a damp survey taken on your home.
Damp Proofing Costs in Fleetwood
This is a common question many people have before reaching out to a damp proofing specialist. Unfortunately, it is difficult to quote an exact figure online before seeing the damp itself. This is because of how many variables could affect the cost.
Some of the factors that affect the pricing of damp proofing services include:
- The size of the damp
- Whether any plaster needs to be removed or replaced
- The type of treatment needed (e.g rising damp treatments are priced differently compared to damp proofing basements).
We know there are many affordable damp proofing professionals throughout Lancashire. However, we offer a professional and high-quality service combined with prices to suit all ranges of budget.
For the most competitive pricing in Lancashire, simply request a quote today.
Get a Competitive, No Obligation Damp Proofing Quote in Fleetwood
We provide some of the leading damp proof services in the UK. Fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you on arranging a damp survey and answer any questions you have.
Damp Proofing Profs Reviews in Fleetwood
“We had quite a big damp problem in the house that we bought the team that was at our house was very friendly, helpful, clean and tidy as they could be. The work was started and finished in 7 days that includes starting on a Sunday where a plumber came and took the radiators off and then he came out again on the following Sunday to put them all back on again the plastering job they have done at the end it fantastic I would really recommend this company to anybody.” – Bernard H., Fleetwood
Damp Proofing Services Serving the Fleetwood Area
We serve Fleetwood and other areas close to the postcode region, including: Fleetwood, Larkholme